Tuesday, March 22, 2011

way to go RAW!

.... running late this morning.... rainy weather.... perfect time to go the easy route.... so that's just what I did.  Easy. Raw. LIVING.... stopped off at Jamba Juice this morning for my morning smoothie (they are great in a pinch AND they will absolutely substitute anything for you, so easy to have all fruit (and they have some new things on the menu which incorporate greens!) now I will admit that there was probably some juice which was pasteurized, BUT.... remember... for me it's not about perfection! ; )

This afternoon was all about the salad..... met two friends for lunch @ Hub 51... this restaurant is not  vegan/vegetarian nor raw... BUT they have some great things from which to choose... we all 3 had the same thing... the Sonoma Salad..... what an incredible treat.... I've never had a salad that incorporated ruby grapefruit.... DELISH.  Being Easy means being able to go anywhere and eat raw.... I'll share my secrets as we go along.... but I promise you... it really IS easy!  (I've even maintained my 'rawness' while being taken to a Steakhouse by an obnoxious co-worker who was doing his best to push my buttons).

And then, after a long hard day of work.... ohhhhhhhhhhhh take out............................. except this time, take-out was from my favorite FAST Raw Food place.... it's called RAW and it's located in the French Market in the Olgivie Transportation Center.  I highly recommend you check it out.... I picked up the garden burger trio (I use them in place of bread... lol... I slice them in 1/2 and then stuff with filling making a delight*FULL sandwich) as well as my fave dessert, Tiramisu. 




All in all it took me 5 minutes to get my dinner pulled together... I had a salad (I make big salads that last several meals), my 'sandwich' and of course, dessert...... Doesn't this look simply luscious???

For me to be successful, I have to be able to go with the spontaneous.... having a plan is great, but if you get derailed everytime something unexpected happens, or you simply don't feel like it.... well, you'll make yourself crazy.
Dig my green plates????  I have lots of mismatched pieces and somehow they all seem to work together.  I think it's the color....

No comments:

Post a Comment