Monday, March 21, 2011

Stop the Madness....

I started this blog a while back with the full intention of sharing my raw journey.... I got a little sidetracked, though, with a couple other blogs (one about my adventure in competing in my very first triathlon and the other about my adventures in life but mostly my art)

I'm ready to re-commit now, though.

One of the main drivers motivating me is this weird obsessive thing I seem to run across in the raw world, that being perfectionism.  I gave that up a long time ago and find it exhausting to constantly be monitoring and calculating to the nth degree what percentage of raw I'm eating at any given time.... seriously... I went to a raw food gathering and the smack that was being talked was enough to 'bake my pizza' so to speak.

So first things first.... I am NOT a doctor, don't play one on TV.... am not giving advice... am simply documenting my own weird journey towards trying to be as healthy as I can be.

I am also not 100% raw.... too much pressure, plus I love to cook too much.  On a daily basis I eat a high amount of raw.... I almost always begin my day with a green smoothie and somewhere in the day have a salad (lunch or dinner)..... and right now, I'm re-focused and wanting to eat a high amount of raw.... which works out in my favor since I'm documenting this.  ; )

I think there are a lot of conflicting ideas being bandied about.... the best I can say is listen to what makes sense to you... listen to your own body.... and if it doesn't feel good or taste good or you don't want to do it, then by all means, DON'T!   

I will be posting pics of my food as well as recipes.... I'll give credit where credit is due... and hopefully along the way, you'll find me, read me, and if you live in chicago, meet me for lunch!

...scatter joy...
lindy

oh..... and my new creation???? chocolate haystacks pudding.  easy peasy.  and seriously good. oh. my. god. orgasm good.

how is THAT for a teaser.....????

No comments:

Post a Comment